1st International Competition Worldvision Music Contest
01/11/2020 - 31/10/2021
The international competition Worldvision Music Contest aims at fostering in every way the development of performers’ creativity, advancement of their professional excellence, promotion and wide popularization of classical music. This Statement sets the procedure for holding the Contest, the requirements to its participants, winners' selection criteria and remains intact until the completion of the contest activities.
The Contest founders and organizers:
- The contest is supported in its different spheres by the Classic@Home platform partners
Contest Goal and Objectives:
- Popularization of different genres and styles of classical music;
- Searching for talented young performers and supporting them;
- Creating a dynamic online platform for evaluation by viewers and giving a possibility of donations to every contest participant from the audience;
- Creating conditions for sharing experience and skills between young performers and experienced musicians worldwide;
- Support the online musical activities.
1. Nominations and age categories
The contest is held among the following specializations:
- double bass
The international competition Worldvision Music Contest is open for participation to representatives of any country in the age from 16 to 35 years. The age of the contestant shall be defined as on November 12, 2020.
2. Time frame
2.1 The contest is held from November 1, 2020 till October 31, 2021.
2.2 The contest consists of 4 rounds:
Round I (regional)
- November 01, 2020 – April 15, 2021 – application deadline for participation in the Contest. The accuracy of submitted data and videos will be checked, the applicants' videos will be published on the official Contest website.
- From the day of the contest video publishing till May 20, 2021 – viewers voting;
- May 01, 2021 – May 20, 2021 – voting of the jury;
- May 21, 2021 – May 31, 2021 – vote counting
- June 01, 2021 – publication of the results of the 1st (regional) round on the official Contest website
- June 05, 2021 – publication of the Golden Ticket results
Round II (national)
- June 05, 2021 – June 30, 2021 – application deadline for the contest videos for the 2nd (national) round. The accuracy of submitted videos will be checked, the contestants' videos will be published on the official Contest website.
- From the day of the contest video publishing till July 20, 2021 – viewers voting
- July 1, 2021 – July 20, 2021 – voting of the jury
- July 21, 2021 – July 31, 2021 – vote counting
- August 01, 2021 – publication of the results of the 2nd (national) round on the official Contest website
Round III (Semifinals)
- August 01, 2021 – August 31, 2021 – application deadline for the contest videos for the 3rd round (Semifinals). The accuracy of submitted videos will be checked, the contestants' videos will be published on the official Contest website.
- From the day of the contest video publishing till August 31, 2021 – viewers voting
- August 11, 2021 – August 24, 2021 – voting of the jury
- August 25, 2021 – August 31, 2021 – vote counting
- September 01, 2021 – publication of the results of the 3rd round (Semifinals) on the official Contest website
- September 05, 2021 – publication of the Golden Ticket results
Round IV (Finals)
The contest finals will be held at the hall Erasme, Palais de la musique et des congrès* on October 15, 2021.
The Contest winners will be announced in frames of the final Contest concert on October 15, 2021.
In case of restrictions due to pandemics, force majeure situations or other insurmountable obstacles the final concerts will be held in the concert halls of the respective countries of the contest participants.
4. Evaluation criteria
4.1 Evaluation of each participant consists of two parts:
- jury evaluation – a participant can receive up to 400 points from the international jury of the contest
- audience evaluation – a participant can receive up to 100 points from the audience in a 1 to 5 coefficient (5 votes count as 1 point).
4.2 Total number of points from all jury members is added up. The maximum score is 500, the minimum is 0.
4.3 The contest jury and organizing committee have the right to:
- not adjudge all the prizes at all stages (rounds) of the Contest;
- share prizes between performers (in such case the award amount shall not be split between participants but shall be adjudged and granted in full amount as indicated in the Statement);
- disqualify a contestant for not meeting the requirements specified in the Statement and in Personal Agreement while registering a participant without giving reasons. The registration fee is not compensated in such case;
- not allow a contestant for participating in a contest in case of failure to meet the requirements for the execution of materials (application, video etc.) submitted by that participant. The registration fee is not compensated in such case.
5. Prize fund
In the course of the contest activities every participant can be awarded the following nominations in the contest stages:
Round I - Participants compete with nominees from their own region separately in each category.
1 prize: Study grant in the amount of € 300 – the winner reaches the next round in each of the instrumental categories.
2 prize: Study grant in the amount of €200
3 prize: Study grant in the amount of €100
Golden ticket – the winner is selected depending on the greatest number of donations from the audience;
Round IІ - Participants compete with nominees from their own country separately in each category.
Grand prix: € 500 as a money prize and reaching the contest semifinals;
1 prize: Two study grants amounting to €600 in total
2 prize: Two study grants amounting to €400 in total
3 prize: Two study grants amounting to € 200 in total
Round IІІ - the Contest semifinals
Six semifinalists receive a contract for production of a CD by Classic@Home or with a partner music label (price equivalent of € 25,000 for each contract).
Out of six semifinalists only three participants who received the greatest total score from the jury and from the audience reach the finals.
For the Golden Ticket the winner is chosen by the greatest number of donations from the audience;
Round IV - Contest finals
1 prize: €100,000 + 3 concerts (Philharmonie Berlin / Berlin, the Carnegie Hall/ New York, Zaryadye Hall /Moscow)**
2 prize: €20,000 + 2 concerts (in two of the proposed halls)
3 prize: €10,000 + 1 concert (in one of the proposed halls)
4 prize: €1000
** locations and/or dates can be changed depending on current Covid-19 situation
** locations and/or dates can be changed depending on current Covid-19 situation
6. Terms of participation in the contest
6.1. The contest is open for participation to representatives of any country in the age from 16 to 35 years (inclusive, as on the date of the Contest opening on November 1, 2020). A contest participant has no right to represent two regions or two countries at the same time. Categories:
- double bass
6.2. To take part in the contest, the following should be prepared and provided within the timeframe set by the Statement:
- A document identifying personality and age of a participant (color scan of the document)
- Artistic photo of the participant
- accepted file types: jpg (jpeg), gif, png;
- max. file size: 3 Mb;
- max image resolution: 3000 px on any side)
- Video records:
- Video recording must be uploaded to a file sharing service, that allows downloading by link (example: WeTransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.), and then the link must be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The resolution of the video must be at least 720p. The video must be recorded maximum 12 months prior to the application date. Maximum duration of a video should not be more than 10 minutes. The contest organizing committee retains the right to cut the length of a video record upon their own discretion and in accordance with the timing rules (up to 10 minutes), giving preference to the contestant’s playing.
- Submitted application form;
- In case of bank transfer: Document confirming the payment of the registration fee, with mandatory indication “Registration fee for the participation in the WORLDVISION MUSIC CONTESТ” as a purpose of payment.
6.3 The payment shall be made to the bank account specified in the Statement of the Contest. All commissions for the transfer of money are payable by the participant at his/her own account.
6.4 The amount of registration fee:
Registration fee is one-time, so you don't have to pay for each round separately.
Registration fee is €100
6.5 Contest program:
- Round 1: a music piece of a free format at the choice of a participant lasting not more than 10 minutes
- Round 2: two varied music pieces with overall duration of not more than 15 minutes.
- Round 3: one music piece of sonata form.
- Round 4: concert or piece for a solo instrument with an orchestra (all movements with cadences) by composers of the baroque period, Vienna classics, or romanticism, at the choice of participant.
6.6. The organizers have the right to ban a candidate from participation in the following cases:
- The rules of submitting an application have not been observed;
- The video record is not provided in the due form stipulated by the Statement;
- The registration fee for participation has not been paid;
- The video record was provided in the form inappropriate in terms of moral and ethical norms;
- The video record contains advertisement, promo actions, brands, logotypes not agreed with the Contest organizing committee;
- The video record contains propaganda of violence, political or religious convictions, calls for actions that break peace and order, other propaganda activities, as well as actions which are treated as unlawful or illegal according to international law.
6.7 The contestants whose applications were selected will be automatically shown in the list of participants on the website, and their videos will be posted in the relevant section of the website. In case if an application is not accepted from a contestant for any reason whatsoever, the contest organizers will send an official letter to the participant’s e-mail address with the request to introduce recommended amendments and adjustments to the video sent by the participant.
6.8 Each participant will have access to his/her personal account space on the web site, as well as instruments for promoting his/her own video for receiving donations from the audience, as well as acknowledgements as viewers’ favorites. In case of reaching the next round the information and promotion instruments will be updated individually.
7. Procedure For The Contest Organization And Conduct
7.1. At each stage of the contest participants will be auditioned by the team of jury from Classic@Home which will include experts on each instrument, as published on the Classic@Home web site under the “Jury” section.
The members of the Jury shall change at each stage of the contest.
7.2. After careful audition of all video records submitted from the contestants during Round I the six best musicians from each region of each country will be chosen and qualified for the next round (one musician per each instrument category). The winners of the Golden Ticket will also be qualified for the next round.
After careful audition of all video records submitted from the contestants during Round II the best musician from each country will be chosen and qualified to the next round (regardless of their instrument categories).
After careful audition of all video records submitted from the contestants during Round III the three best musicians from all participating countries will be chosen and qualified for the next round (regardless of their instrument categories). The winner of the Golden Ticket will also be qualified for the next round.
The contest winner will be announced and final prizes will be awarded during the final concert (Round IV).
7.3 Every active user must complete a brief registration process on the web site in order to have an opportunity to vote, leave comments, take part in discussions, make donations etc.
7.4 Every active user has the right to vote for the participant of his/her preference at each stage of the contest. (One vote for one contestant).
7.5 Every active user also has an opportunity to make a voluntary donation in support of contestants (the amount and quantity of donations is not limited). All donations, with the deduction of banking fees and taxes, moderation fee, will be transferred to the contestants’ personal accounts upon completion of the contest.
7.6 By voting every active user can influence the overall process of voting for the contest participants and their reaching the next round in the Golden Ticket nomination at the Contest Regional stage and Semifinals.
7.7 Contestants fill out applications for taking part in the contest, and if all requirements are fulfilled, their work is automatically posted on the web site for viewers’ voting. The audience has a possibility to make donations throughout the entire contest from the day when a video is posted, however the number of votes for each competing work in case of audience voting will be accounted within the timeframe set by the Statement of Contest and recorded by the contest organizing committee.
7.8 Once application submission is closed, the jury members evaluate video works of the contest participants.
7.9 The summed up decision for the contest from all the jury members shall be published on the contest official website.
7.10 The decision of the contest organizing committee shall not be disputed. The jury decisions shall be final and not subject for reviewing.
7.11 The contest organizing committee can change the contest regulations and timing right in the course of the contest actions, in case of force majeure situations.
8.1 The winners of the national and regional contests will be awarded with prizes such as certificates for study grants that can be used for education.
8.2 The finals prizes and the Grand Prix of the national contest will be paid in money equivalent to the account provided by the prize-winners, or in the form of a pay cheque in the name of the contest winner.
8.3 The first place in the finals cannot be shared between two participants or more.
8.4 The Contest Organizing Committee leaves open the possibility of adjudging extra prizes from partners and sponsors.
9. Use of the contest works
9.1 The contest organizers have a possibility to publish the contest works on their resources.
9.2 The organizers have the right to cut a video of a contestant to the necessary format under 10 minutes (from the solo entrance of the performing instrument) if the video record sent is longer than 10 minutes.
9.3 Execution of individual webpage for each participant on the Contest official website, with the following functionality: photo, biography and possible forms of personal donations for the contestant.
9.4 When the works are published the organizers have the right to add their own intros and outros to the videos received from contestants.
10. Other terms
10.1. The submission of the contest work by participant in accordance with this Statement means full and unconditional consent with the Contest terms on the part of the participant.
10.2. In case of request or claims raised, or lawsuits started by third parties, including the owners of author’s rights and neighboring rights for the provided work, the participant undertakes to resolve them on own behalf and at own account.
10.3 By taking part in the contest each participant gives the right to the contest organizing committee for the use of his/her works submitted for the contest, upon the discretion of the organizing committee and free of charge.
11. Contact information
Worldvision music contest presented by Classic@Home
11.1 Bank information
Beneficiary: Worldvision Contest
IBAN: DE04 1001 1001 2620 6568 90
BIC (SWIFT): NTSBDEB1XXX
Beneficiary’s bank address:
N26 Bank GmbH
Klosterstr. 62, 10179 Berlin, GERMANY
Elesin Bros. Media Group
20355 Hamburg, GERMANY
11.2 Legal address
Elesin Bros. Media Group
20355 Hamburg, GERMANY
Partners of Classic at Home
Concerts by Classic@Home