Poland, Warsaw Mazovia Viola
Mateusz Doniec was born in Kraków in 1996. He started viola classes with Rafał Daszkiewicz. In 2020 he graduated with honours from the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw where he had been a student of Katarzyna Budnik. Recently he became her teaching assistant.
Mateusz performed in the greatest concert halls in Poland, Japan, France, Austria, Germany, Slovakia and China. Apart from solo performances, he takes part in chamber music concerts. He had the pleasure to collaborate with world-renowned musicians such as Astrig Siranossian, Marcin Zdunik, Anna Maria Staśkiewicz, Diana Tishchenko, Anne Queffélec, Fanny Azzuro. Mateusz regularly performs with chamber orchestras - „Warsaw Players” lead by Janusz Wawrowski and “Polish Soloist String Orchestra” since 2018. In 2019 he started working with “Extra Sound Ensemble”. He takes part in festivals like: „Chopin i Jego Europa”, „La Folle Journée”, „Sinfonia Varsovia swojemu miastu”, „Emanacje”, „Wielkanocny Festiwal Ludwiga van Beethovena”.
Futhermore Mateusz is a violist of symphonic orchestra Sinfonia Varsovia. He collaborated with conductors like: Krzysztof Penderecki, Marek Janowski, Jerzy Maksymiuk, John Axelrod, Ian Hobson, Andrzej Boreyko, Aleksandar Marković, Mihhail Gerts, Robert Trevino, Jacek Kaspszyk.
Mateusz participated in various masterclasses included one with violists - Roberto Díaz (Curtis), Julia Gartemann (Berliner Philharmoniker) and Katarzyna Budnik (Sinfonia Varsovia). Additionally, he received many scholarships for his work, such as the „Polish Youth” scholarship funded by the Polish Ministry of Culture for young artists.
He was awarded many prizes at dozens of competitions. The most significant are:
· 3rd award at 57th International Music Competition “Beethoven Hradec” (2019),
· Grand Prix and 1st prize at International 18th International Bogdan Warchal Competition in Dolny Kubin (2014),
· 2nd award and the special prize for the obligatory piece at Xth National Jan Rakowski Competition Poznań (2018),
· Grand Prix at National CEA contest,
· 1st award at Viola Competition in Gdańsk (2017),
· 1st award at III Viola Competition T.Gonet in Kraków (2017),
· Additionally, he was a finalist in “Young Musician of the Year” in Poland.
The participant will be grateful for your support
- OR -
Support the competition
Use the following bank details:
|DE40 2005 0550 1501 5028 58|
|Beneficiary||Classic at Home GmbH|
Bank name and address:
Hamburger Sparkasse AG
Ecke Adolphsplatz / Gr. Burstah
20457 Hamburg, Germany
22149 Hamburg, Germany