Slovenia, Maribor Maribor Piano
Nejc Kamplet comes from a music family and has been learning piano since the age of five. He studies at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz with prof. Zuzana Niederdorfer and at the Hannover University of Music, Drama and Media in class of prof.
He took additional lessons with some of the world finest artists, as for example Boris Berman, Jacques Rouvier, Daejin Kim, Mikhail Voskresensky, Aleksandar Madžar, Robert Levin, Sofya Gulyak, Ian Hobson, Grigory Gruzman, Pavel Gililov, Andrea Bonatta, Ruben Dalibaltayan, Aquilles D. Vigne, Arbo Valdma, etc.
Nejc played concerts in various festivals in most of the European countries, China, Japan and USA, performed as a soloist with SNG Maribor Symphonic Orchestra, Festine Symphonic, Slovenian Philharmonic, Banska-Bystrica State opera Orchestra, Slovak Sinfonietta, Graz Philharmonic Orchestra, Harbin Philharmonic and Wuhan Philharmonic Orchestra, collaborating with conductors Jiao Yang, Wolfgang Harrer, Jin Hyoun Baek, Pawel Przytocki, Taejung Lee, Benjamin Pionnier, Živa P. Peršuh, Marcus Merkel, etc., and won top prizes at numerous piano competitions. To name some of them:
- first prize and scholarship in the prestigious “Hildegard Maschmann Stiftung” piano competition in Vienna, Austria,
- first prize in the Yamaha Scholarship Award in Vienna, Austria,
- second prize in the 9th New York International piano competition, USA,
- first prize in the “Martha Debelli scholarship” piano competition in Graz, Austria,
- first prize in the 4th Euregio International piano competition in Geilenkirchen, Germany,
- second prize in the 15th Ettlingen International piano competition in Ettlingen, Germany,
- first and EMCY prizes in the 6th International “Young academy award” in Rome, Italy,
- two first prizes in the 2nd and 3rd editions of the International piano competitions “Forum per tasti” in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia,
- first prize in the Franz Liszt Center online piano competition,
- first prize in the “Jurica Murai” International piano competition in Varaždin, Croatia,
- four gold plaquettes in the “Temsig” Slovenian national piano competitions, etc.
His live recordings are regularly broadcasted in the Slovenian National Television and he is a scholarships recipient from the Slovenian Ministry of Culture and cities of Graz and Maribor for his outstanding cultural achievements.