Lithuania, Kaišiadorys Kaunas Double bass
Aušvydas Kriščiūnas (born in 2000) is a double bass player from Lithuania. He started to play double bass at the age of 14 when he entered the National M. K. Čiurlionis school of art. After four years, in 2018 he started studying in Lithuanian academy of music and theatre with professor Donatas Bagurskas from the Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra. The same year Aušvydas played in Animato Foundation Orchestra (Austria) with conductor Kevin Griffiths and a month after he participated in the project “Side by side” and played Weber - Overture to the Opera “Oberon” with Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (conductor Philippe Herreweghe). After half a year, when Aušvydas was 19 years old, he became a member of the double bass group in Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra. During the years of playing double bass, he became a laureate and diploma holder of many national and international competitions in Lithuania:
1) IV International Competition for Young String Players for Viktoras Radovicius memory – 2nd place;
2) XI Raimundas Katilius Lithuanian Young Performers Competition – Diploma;
3) V National Jonas Urba String players competition – 2nd place;
4) Baltic String Competition – Diploma;
5) Prof. Viktor Radovič String competition – Diploma
It is worth mentioning that the young double bass player was forming his skills in master classes with these professors – Niek de Groot, Pierre-Emmanuel de Maistre, Christine Hoock, Gunars Upatnieks. Furthermore, one semester he studied in Brno (Czech Republic) with professor Miloslav Jelinek.